|Brides Be Fit | Stress Management | Wellness Coaching | Phil's Fitness Training System | Food Psychology Coaching
Special Populations | FitBits Articles | Weight Loss vs. Fat Loss | Nutrition Tips | Blog | Links | Contact Us
Some simple tips to help you succeed!
1. Eat foods high in fiber. Fiber has numerous health benefits. The general recommendation is 25-35g per day!
2. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and good fats.
3. Have variety in your diet. The more color the better off you'll be.
4. Avoid too many refined carbohydrates.
5. Plan ahead.
6. Eat every 3-4 hours to sustain your blood sugar levels and keep your metabolism running.
7. Move more! Strength training is imperative for better health and fitness. In combination with strength training, walk or do low intensity cardio. To burn more calories, try incorporating more multijoint/compound movements into your routine like squats, bench presses! These tend to burn a ton of calories simply because the more muscles you use at once, the more calories you can burn!
8. Don't skip breakfast! This is a recipe for success. If you do skip it, you are hurting your chances of becoming healthier. This is when your metabolism is highest!
9. Avoid carbohydrates where the sugar content makes up more than 20% of the carbohydrate.
10. Stay hydrated!
11. When looking for a carbohydrate source, a good rule of thumb is to look for a product that lists the first or second ingredient as "whole." For instance, whole wheat bread, whole grains...etc
12. Do not shop for food when you are hungry!
13. Do not fall into the "low carb" scam. This simply means that a sugar substitute is being used such as sorbitol which is a carbohydrate just doesn't effect your blood sugar levels at all. Not only that it can cause serious stomach discomfort!
14. Don't just look at the fat content of foods. If you see a piece of food that has no fat, but has 30g of sugar, what do you think happens to that sugar? Turns to fat!
15. Use caffeine to help burn calories before you workout and throughout the day. Caffeine is one good way to boost your metabolism up to 11%.
Get started right now with your new body! Imagine in 8 short weeks you'll have a new body to awe your friends and delight yourself! Call Phil today at 610-574-3587.
|Content ©2013 Phil Nicolaou. All rights reserved.|